Monday, December 19, 2011

Excel 2003, delete columns?

Hi I want to make a sheet of data but I only want a limited # of columns but I am having problems





This is used on Excel 2003





My problem is, I only want to show 40 columns so i do the Shift + CTR + arrow key to highlight the remaining columns and I try to delete them but this error comes up and says "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet". So I try using the hotkeys to highlight the other columns and try to resize them and hide but then I get the same error. I try to highlight the columns again and I clicked clear contents and tried to resize/hide/delete but I continue to get the same error. Now I try to open a new spreadsheet and try to same thing and it works but it doesn't work on the spreadsheet I'm using. And I cant copy and paste since I need to have certain column sizes on some of them and it takes too long to do.


Also, the spreadsheet I'm trying to fix was made on GoogleDocs and later downloaded to finalize on Excel and I cant hide or delete the remaining columns but on a new spreadsheet I can resize/delete/hide rows.|||may be :


there are obejcts (shape, clipart, pictures) in the range of columns you want to delete.


try to move / delete the objects first|||Maybe this,





On the left side are the numbers, so the row that would want to delete, hover your mouse over the actual number of the column and right click, you should get a list of actions, there should be one that say dealt or remove. Try that and see if that works.





All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment