Monday, December 19, 2011

Google-Docs Contacts?

I just got a googledocs account for school but I don't have any idea how to use it. But, i'll figure that out, but a piece of my homework assignment is to put all of my classmates googledoc emails into my contacts... something I can't seem to figure out how to do... If you could tell me in simple step by step fashion, it would be very appreciated. I'm pretty much technologically deficient... so any dumbing down would be extremely helpful... haha.|||ok, the easiest way to work with your contacts is by exporting the data set from google mail.





So, create on complete contact (I suggest for yourself) and save it in a group called Homework.





Then Export that group to your desktop and then upload that file into your google docs. (You might have to try it with the various types of files until you find the one that google docs can read easily.)





Once you open that file in Google Docs you will find across the top each column header. Fill in a new row with all the contact information you have for each of your classmates.





When you are done, be sure to save the file.





Download the file to your desktop again, and then upload that file into gmail; now all your contacts are in your gmail account. Make sure you select the "Put these contacts in this new group and choose your group name (if not Homework)."





Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment